DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jack Frost had everything outdoors covered this A M and the house is cold so that's when she bakes, maybe just to warm the kitchen. These are made using a hand written recipe from 50 years ago. There's no store bought cookies that will ever match these.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
14,710 Posts
Beautiful!!!
Judy just made a batch of no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies last night. I think I gained 5 pounds. lol

·
Registered
13,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Raisins?

Will she share her recipe?
OK, these are the ingredients for this batch but that's subject to change with every batch from her kitchen. She said you guys will know what to mix, soften first etc. add last and bake til done at what temp.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Change the Chocolate chips to Butterscotch chips instead, and you have my favorite "Oatmeal Scotchies".

Best eaten right from the oven, still warm, and goes down so good, with a glass of whole milk.

Not the store bought stuff, WHOLE milk.

ED
I'll mention the Butterscotch to the wife for the next batch but i ain't going back to milking a 7 gallon/day Holstein to get fresh whole milk no matter how good it was.:surprise:

·
Retired Moderator
14,710 Posts
I'll mention the Butterscotch to the wife for the next batch but i ain't going back to milking a 7 gallon/day Holstein to get fresh whole milk no matter how good it was.:surprise:
Now that is a COW! I don't know if I could handle fresh milk now days. Back when I was a kid, that is all we had and I loved it. But, if the cow got into wild onions we just ate a bit of onion and the onion taste was gone. lol Bitter weed was another story, no way to drink that. I now realize that the raw milk tastes like the cows breath.

I know about the Rolaids, I smoked a rack of St Louis ribs and had the left overs last night.

·
JUSTA MEMBER
19,135 Posts
Doing a little calculating. She said that recipe made about 72 cookies, so eating 2 / day i can't get a new batch with the Butterscotch chips for 36 days so i'm gonna step it up to 3 cookies / day.
I'd stack 5-6 in a tall glass, and fill it with milk, let them soak a little, and stir it up with a long spoon, and eat it right out of the glass.

Pecan shortbreads, are great that way also.:devil3:

ED

·
Registered
13,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Being we were out of those home baked - -scones-short cake thingies - - or whatever those were called, I got a NOT SO BRIGHT idea to warm a couple of those cookies from the freezer, pop in a bowl and add ice cream and strawberries. YUCK :vs_mad:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.