DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37,264 Posts
It's not going to do any harm, but if you build and insulate the walls correctly it's also not going to do any good.

·
journeyman carpenter
3,480 Posts
if you dont have walls framed up yet dont drylok now.. drylok is meant to be allowed to move.. this means you shouldnt frame on top of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what type of insulation should be used? I assume something consisting of a moisture barrier.

·
Registered
37,264 Posts
There has to be at least 1000 post on this one subject. Go up to search and check it out.

·
11,730 Posts
Where are you located?

Gary

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
location isn't as important imho as performing a vapor transmission test PRIOR to doing anything,,, in my experience, ' drylock ' type-materials work best in brochures,,, xypex is a much better treatment

·
11,730 Posts
Location is very important figuring insulation/vapor barrier requirements, I think. Perhaps you missed Post #4... been there, done that, LOL.

Most basements appear dry or wet. Some "dry" ones look that way due to room air currents dissipating moisture as it wets surfaces. One needs to keep interior conditioned air from reaching the colder concrete wall or rim joists to deposit moisture there; http://www.buildingscience.com/documents/digests/bsd-103-understanding-basements?full_view=1

Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts