DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m tiling the back wall on my shower using 12x24 tile. I’ve been using a 1/2” square notched trowel for the bathroom floor and sides of the shower And have been getting almost complete coverage. However when I place the tile on the back of the shower wall I won’t be able to move the tile from side to set to help collapse the thinset ridges. Any suggestions so I can get proper coverage and collapse the thinset ridges on the back wall where I can’t move the tile once set? I was thinking get a block of wood and place it over the tile and hit it with a rubber mallet. Thoughts?

·
Naildriver
18,641 Posts
However when I place the tile on the back of the shower wall I won’t be able to move the tile from side to set to help collapse the thinset ridges.
Why not? Curious. Once you place a tile and press it in place, pull it off and see what kind of coverage on the tile and wall that you have. If it is equal, then you have achieved all you can do.

Reactions: Dave Sal
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.