DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not much for decorating so maybe you folks who have an eye for fashion can give me your opinion on this.

I'm going to redo my moms baths soon and want to lay tile/stone floor and tub surround.

So my ? is what style/type will endure time and still be fashionable in 15yrs.

· Tileguy
10,718 Posts
Timeless tile? I need advice
I'm not much for decorating so maybe you folks who have an eye for fashion can give me your opinion on this.
I'm going to redo my moms baths soon and want to lay tile/stone floor and tub surround.
So my ? is what style/type will endure time and still be fashionable in 15yrs.
You're kidding, right?:)
During the past ten years the tile industry and its products has changed 300% or more.:yes:

Good luck.:)

· Stuck in the 70's
2,229 Posts
Yeah, I dropped my crystal ball last week....

Your best bet is to stay neutral and classic. Neutral color tile, and classic white porcelain with chrome fixtures. If you want to go crazy, do it with wall paint that is easily changed.

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I know that black and white is always in style.

I just dont want to have a bath that someone would look at in ten years and say " that's so 2011".

Natural stone looks nice but seems like it would be a pain to keep clean in the shower is that true?

· Tileguy
10,718 Posts
With some reservation I'll suggest that: A shower is no place for natural stone.
Natural stone also has requirements for floor structure when used in areas other than showers that ceramic tile doesn't have.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.