DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RR Timber wall that averages 5' tall probably and about 100' in length. I have a section where it is the tallest at around 6 - 6 1/2' with one timber rotted out. You can see in the image where this timber lies.

I need to remove this thing and replace with better timber.
I thought about using a bobcat and attach eyebolts to the timber just above rotten one, in the center of the longer one and of the shorter. Attach chains and slightly lift wall enough to remove pressure. Cut old spikes with sawzall and remove old and slide in the new. Does this make sense. Any suggestions would be great. Love to hear different angles on tackling this project.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
You've got the right idea. I'd cut the spikes before I lifted have a premeasured tie ready to go in. I don't think you'll be able to lift from above. You'll need to lift with the buck just above the rail. Be very careful or you will have the whole thing come down. I'd practice with the bucket before hand and would lift by rotating the bucket up rather than lifting with the arms, you'll have better control. Toe nail the replacement in on all four sides and predrill guide holes.

Hope you feel better now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.