DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! Short story - #1 son moved into a mobile home a few years ago when he began vet school and promptly set fire to a corner of the fiberglass "garden" tub when he left a candle burning as he ran out to catch his escaping lab. He kept saying he'd fix it, but now he's working and so it's a no go. Now #2 son has moved in for his time at vet school and I would really like to fix the damage or at least make it look a bit less, well, of a mess.

The bottom level (seat) has a curved edge and there's a similar smaller ledge above it, so without tile cutting skills, we're shooting for a fix.
The home improvement store has rock tile that could be free form and cut to fit the rounded edge. Will tile stick to fiberglass, and if so, what works best - thinset or a siiicone adhesive seem to be most recommended. It won't get much moisture and will lay flat.

Or if there's a better option, I'm all ears...
:eek::eek::eek:

·
Naildriver
14,243 Posts
I would build it up with fiberglas resin and fiberglas cloth, sand it down to a good finish and paint it with appliance spray paint. It won't be perfect, but I don't think you will ever get tile to stick and stay on that convoluted surface.

Reactions: mmills615
1 - 2 of 2 Posts