DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our bathroom had an extensive leak under the flooring. It has been fixed, but the sub-flooring had to be removed. We had laminate flooring, but would like to replace it with tile now that we must replace the floor anyway. We are concerned about the height difference between the old laminate and the new tile. How do we fix this?

Should we lay thinner sub-flooring? Will the difference be a problem at all?
The current laminate is level with the wood floors outside of the bathroom (which i know the tile to wood can be fixed with a threshold) but what about the toe kick under the counter?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Our bathroom had an extensive leak under the flooring. It has been fixed, but the sub-flooring had to be removed. We had laminate flooring, but would like to replace it with tile now that we must replace the floor anyway. We are concerned about the height difference between the old laminate and the new tile. How do we fix this?

Should we lay thinner sub-flooring? Will the difference be a problem at all?
The current laminate is level with the wood floors outside of the bathroom (which i know the tile to wood can be fixed with a threshold) but what about the toe kick under the counter?

Thanks for your help!
It's no problem what-so-ever. You just need a hard surface reducer. That is used when two hard surfaces that meet are unlevel. You would use the t-molding when the two hard surfaces are even.

·
Tileguy
10,705 Posts
Why would that be a problem? How big are your toes ?:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts