DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had hardwood "professionally" installed by the local flooring store, and the installer wanted to fix a loose tile and install the T-moulding using lePage PL construction adhesive. I'm new at this but I was under the impression that the proper way to install a T-moulding is with one of those U-channels without glue, so that the T-moulding is floating and allows for expansion, not to mention that it's removable in case one of your floors needs to be redone or repaired. I told the installer to leave it to me. What method should I use to complete this? photo below

·
Naildriver
14,265 Posts
Well if you had let him repair the tile and applied the glue to the tile side of the transition, it would have been OK. Contrary to popular belief, once you install a T molding into a channel it is there permanently and will destroy itself upon removal. Gluing it to the tile would have allowed the wood flooring to move under it.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Im thinking the metal u-channel is used with vinyl transitions, there is a barbed dealie on the vinyl that presses into the channel.

Other than that … i agree with chandler. Glue to the tile. After you fix that of course. Maybe you should start a thread here about how to fix the tile. :}

1 - 7 of 7 Posts