DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I love pomegranates and they’re really healthy. About nine years ago I got them in December for $1 each so I bought a lot and was always cleaning them and we ate little bowls of seeds all the time. I don’t know how other people clean them but the best hint I read was under water in big bowl in the sink.
I read your post & was trying to remember who the goddess of Pomegranates was. I came across this. . . It's funny but, interesting in this weird year where everyone is reading Medical research studies -

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I read your post & was trying to remember who the goddess of Pomegranates was. I came across this. . . It's funny but, interesting in this weird year where everyone is reading Medical research studies -
great reading especially the first about goddesses. I just saw them on sale 2 for $5. Inconvenient to clean but a lot cheaper than buying containers of cleaned seeds.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Cut in half, hold under water in big bowl and as you tear the pith away it floats to surface to be discarded:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I always drank the juice & the little bit of fruit. ???
Now I'll have to look it up, nutritionally. . .

Edit -
What do you know. I never bought one, just ate them off a tree. There was one in my garden a couple years ago.

"Nutrients. Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. The majority of that fiber is found in the white seeds hiding beneath the pockets of juice. It contains 48 percent of the recommended daily vitamin C intake, important for a variety of health functions."
Pomegranate seeds: Benefits and tips - Medical News Today

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I always drank the juice & the little bit of fruit. ???
Now I'll have to look it up, nutritionally. . .

Edit -
What do you know. I never bought one, just ate them off a tree. There was one in my garden a couple years ago.

"Nutrients. Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. The majority of that fiber is found in the white seeds hiding beneath the pockets of juice. It contains 48 percent of the recommended daily vitamin C intake, important for a variety of health functions."
Pomegranate seeds: Benefits and tips - Medical News Today
How did you eat them off the tree the skin is hard and has to be cut. Then theres lots of picking to get the seeds out?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts