DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Thermador PRG366GH with 2 XLO burners on left, 4 regular on right. Had a short power outage. Lightning strike near by. Power came back quickly but now the rear XLO burner igniter constantly clicks.

The 4 regular burners function. The other front XLO burner clicks as it should when turned on, but Neither will light.

my feeling is that either spark module, or the gas potentiator got shorted. My third suspect is the ignition switch. But if it were one of these, why will the front one click but not light? Is there something upstream that I’m not considering?

Can anyone offer any guidance based on the symptoms which they think might need replacement?
Thanks!!
Cully

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There are quite a few threads on this forum about recommendations for whole house surge protection devices that would be worth your time reading.

Were you able to find a service manual for the PRG366GH? I was not, but I did find one for the PDR366. The following assumes that there is not much difference between the two. The mode of operation of the burners and the wiring diagram makes me think that it is the “gas simmer controller” that might have suffered damage. It seems that it is only used with the two XLO burners. The potentiometers and solenoids for those two burners plug into it, so it seems more likely that the “upstream” component was damaged in the lighting strike. The spark module is common to all six burners, so I think it less likely that it was damaged.

If I interpreted the parts information correctly this looks like the “gas simmer controller”, although the description is less than useful. The number of connections matches the schematic in the service manual. You’ll have to weigh the cost against having a service technician come out to diagnose the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts