DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smile
TexArkDark
Hello everyone I am new at this posting stuff, but thought I would give it a try because I feel the need for advice. I have an external garage locate approximately 80 feet from my outside 200amp main box panel. I have purchased a 75amp inside box for my sub panel. I have purchased 10-3 UF with ground and laid 1" pvc conduit in a two foot ditch. I seek only to have some 110 receptacles and two four foot flourescent lights. What are the proper breakers to install in my main panel that will feed this 75 amp sub panel? The sub panel is not bonded! What size breakers do I install in my sub panel for light and receptacles ? The main panel has two 100 amp sub panels ant 0ne double bar 30 and one double far 40 ( dryer and air conditioner). Any help is appreciated.

·
Licensed electrician
13,389 Posts
The #10 will limit you to 30 amps in the feed panel.

You can install 15 or 20 amp breakers in the garage depending on what wire size you run for the light's sd receptacles.

·
Civil Engineer
5,832 Posts
Are you planning to pull 10/3 UF cable through 1" PVC conduit? This would be a difficult pull at best, UF is very stiff, and designed for direct burial with no conduit. Normal practice is to pull stranded THHN/THWN individual conductors through conduit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts