DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a double pole breaker with 30amp. I have to increase the amp to 40 for a new double wall oven.

The wire out of the box is "12-2 g nm-b" type. I think it's for 20amp.
My understanding for double pole breaker is that it's using two of these wires and 240v. Is my understanding correct?

If my understanding is correct, can I just replace the 30a breaker with a 40a breaker without changing the wiring?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts