DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Tempstar PA5542AKA when in A/c mode the condensor and fan comes on but the blower motor will not start. The blower will come on in heat mode and run fine. Is it something in the control board or maybe a sequencer? I never felt that it was putting out enough heat in the winter but all elements seamed to be energized so I left it alone.

·
Administrator
41,653 Posts
What wire where you checking from, that all 3 had coltage with teh unit off.

·
Administrator
41,653 Posts
Ok.

So your checking for voltage on a 220/240 volt motor.
You should read 120 weather or not its receiving a call to run.

The controls only open 1 leg of the 220.

Need to know if its getting 220/240 when the stat is set to fan "on" or the stat is calling for A/C.

·
Administrator
41,653 Posts
Not familar with that blower off the top of my head.

See where the green wire from the stat goes.
That is where your bad/stuck relay sequencer is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The green wire from the stat actually goes to the control board, then a red wire goes to one of the sequencers would that be it?

·
Administrator
41,653 Posts
Does a wire go directly from the board to the blower.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes one goes to high speed tap on the blower and the other goes to a sequencer. I have a wiring diagram I will try too send.

·
Administrator
41,653 Posts
The high speed is the one that supplies the second leg for the blower motor in cooling and for fan "on" setting.

Good chance the board is bad.

·
Administrator
41,653 Posts
I get my parts from HVAC distributors.

Don't know where the best place for you to try.

·
HVAC / Plumbing
1,801 Posts
If you can't find/ buy local.. You can google tempstar parts... Note ... Electrical parts ( in most cases) are non returnable.. Once you buy.. It's your's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It may still be under warranty. I think I may try a trusted repairman so the parts will be under warranty and be positive that is what the problem is. Beenthere seems to be right but the only control board I have been able to find is 275.00 so calling a repairman may be the cheapest way out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts