DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Tempstar with a Honeywell smartvalve and a programmable thermostat. This is the problem: At nigh (1 AM) I set the thermostat at 17 Celsius and at 6 AM it is set at 20 Celsius. Here in Winnipeg winter is REALLY cold -35/-40 Celsius so the furnace works almost all the time. The thing is that during the morning it takes too long to come from 17 to 20 and the furnace works for about 20 minutes and then stops. After 5 minutes of the cycle it starts again and so on, but the thermostat is still on. I checked the valve and gives a 6-2 error which among other issues (according to the manual) could be water inside different parts, condensating, trap, inducer, etc, etc. Two years ago the HVAC guy came seven times until it fixed it, he added an additional trap directly in the exhaust vent pipe, which improved a little and then "unleveled" the unit a little bit in order to allow the water to move faster. Nothing changed since then and yesterday the furnace began again doing the same thing. But once it reaches the normal temperature set ( 20 Celsius) it works fine, shut/start according to the thermostat. I don't want to call a HVAC guy to "practice" with my unit and guess. I know that is a difficult problem but I am sure that they will want to change the smartvalve, or the board, or the thermostat, as it happened in the past. Any suggestion? Tons of thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts