DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new underground conduit coming up thru the sill plate in my garage. Cable Co says they want access to the stud bay from the outside and to install a junction box and a ground. The junction boxes they have at HD are semi-flush sheet metal frame and door with a wood backing. They would work, but are of such poor quality I would be embarassed to have something like this on my doghouse. Where would I look for something better?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I have new underground conduit coming up thru the sill plate in my garage. Cable Co says they want access to the stud bay from the outside and to install a junction box and a ground. The junction boxes they have at HD are semi-flush sheet metal frame and door with a wood backing. They would work, but are of such poor quality I would be embarassed to have something like this on my doghouse. Where would I look for something better?

I would just buy a fire rated access door. paint it to wall finish. :)

·
UAW SKILLED TRADES
5,341 Posts
Try Wiegmann enclosures by hubbell. Lowes carries a very small inventory but an electrical supply should have a catalog you can order from or have what you want on hand.
The cable company you have sure wants a lot......:)

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Try Wiegmann enclosures by hubbell. Lowes carries a very small inventory but an electrical supply should have a catalog you can order from or have what you want on hand.
The cable company you have sure wants a lot......:)

Around here all the utilities go on the outside of the house. :)

·
UAW SKILLED TRADES
5,341 Posts
Same here Chris... but it irks me that a cable company can't supply their own jb's and run a ground. Your going to pay for it anyway.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Same here Chris... but it irks me that a cable company can't supply their own jb's and run a ground. Your going to pay for it anyway.

Well, I dont really blame them, most cable companies just hire subs, to cut costs, you get what you get in a way, glad I do my own work. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts