DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new single hole Toto sink and a new Grohe faucet. There are two threaded connections, one from my hot/cold shut offs to the braided pipes coming from the faucet, and another between the pop up drain assembly and the drain flange piece.

Do I need to put anything on the threads like Teflon tape or joint compound?

The Grohe installation guide just says to make sure to seal underneath drain flange. I assume I should use plumber's putty for that.

Thanks, any advice is appreciated, it's my first home.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Nothing needed for the faucet connectors, there is a rubber washer in the connector. Tighten finger tight plus maybe a 1/2 turn. I usually use plumbers putty on the pop up threads. Sometime it is fine without, sometimes a wee drip, so i do it as a matter of course.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I just bought a new single hole Toto sink and a new Grohe faucet. There are two threaded connections, one from my hot/cold shut offs to the braided pipes coming from the faucet, and another between the pop up drain assembly and the drain flange piece.

Do I need to put anything on the threads like Teflon tape or joint compound?

The Grohe installation guide just says to make sure to seal underneath drain flange. I assume I should use plumber's putty for that.

Thanks, any advice is appreciated, it's my first home.
nothing is needed they have a seal in them.

·
Doing it myself
3,838 Posts
Grohe faucets do not have a seal in their supplies. :mad::furious::no:

You can even tell by looking at the picture.

They are brass on brass connection.

DJGRANT : The possibility of leaking depends mostly at this point on the condition of your angle stop where the supply would connect to it. If the outlet is still in good shape (no pitting or rust) then you'll probably be OK. Give it a shot and see what happens. If it drips a little, pull it off, and put a LITTLE BIT of pipe dope on the mating surface and try again.

If it still leaks come back and we can discuss options. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts