DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tanning bed that needs to run off a 20 amp breaker. The receptacle i plugged it into is on a GFIC when the bed is turned on it trips the GFIC receptacle . What can I do to fix my problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ces62 said:
I have a tanning bed that needs to run off a 20 amp breaker. The receptacle i plugged it into is on a GFIC when the bed is turned on it trips the GFIC receptacle . What can I do to fix my problem.
You're plugged into a 110vac gfi. It need 220/240. Hire an electrician.

·
Registered
37,408 Posts
Someone would have had to have rewired the cord or change the plug on the end for you to even be able to have plugged it into a reguler outlet if it's really 220 volts.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Have you plugged something else into this circuit ?
Does it work ok !

·
" Euro " electrician
5,369 Posts
Just give you a head up with the tanning beds they are pretty picky on voltage and you will have to check the connection diagram very carefull due some will say only 3 conductor and some will say 4 conductor hook up.

Majorty of them I ran into useally set up for 240 volt useage it is super rare to see it set up for 120 volt operation due the wattage of tanning bed is pretty high useally 1000 to 2400 watts depending on the numbers of bulbs and what else on that unit.

Most of the time I useally run into commercal verison and they are very specfic on useing correct voltage otherwise it will not function properly.

Merci,
Marc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts