DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size electric tankless system would you need to fill a 50 gallon spa tub? Are they hard to install?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don't worry as much about the heater itself..........most electric tankless heaters will need a dedicated circuit with anywhere from 30 to 100 amp being supplied.

Do you have this electrical capability? Most don't.

If you must go tankless..........look at natural gas or LPG.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You're better off calling a pro on this. The size of the heater depends on several factors, like incoming water temperature, how much you want to raise that temp, the flow rate of the tub and what additional capacity you want to be able to use at the same time.

Gas will work better than electric, but either requires some work to be done that is usually beyond the DIY'er...

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
What Marty said. I suspect once you find out what it would cost you, you'd change your mind about a tankless heater.

·
Registered
332 Posts
What Marty said. I suspect once you find out what it would cost you, you'd change your mind about a tankless heater.
Agree on the cost. I looked into doing this instead of putting in a new tank. I have an all electric house with a 400A entrance (actually, two 200 A boxes). I have plenty of capacity. But, the cost of the installation was prohibitive since the wire would have to run 75 ft. from the box to the unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts