DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one child goes to their in-laws, our parents are deceased, so wife and I go out for Thanksgiving dinner. 3-5 years ago it was a chain called Houlihan's, $18 then the price went up to $25 so we switched to a local diner for $13? $14? the past 2-3 years. You get soup, salad, cinnamon and cheese breads, real turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, choice of vegetables, dessert, large portions and good.

This year no in-laws, we are doing take out HOT turkey dinner from the same diner for 6-8 people for $80, 2 qts soup, salad, fresh real oven roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, 2 different choice of vegetables, dessert is extra. I'll make real cranberry sauce.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The one child goes to their in-laws, our parents are deceased, so wife and I go out for Thanksgiving dinner. 3-5 years ago it was a chain called Houlihan's, $18 then the price went up to $25 so we switched to a local diner for $13? $14? the past 2-3 years. You get soup, salad, cinnamon and cheese breads, real turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, choice of vegetables, dessert, large portions and good.

This year no in-laws, we are doing take out HOT turkey dinner from the same diner for 6-8 people for $80, 2 qts soup, salad, fresh real oven roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, 2 different choice of vegetables, dessert is extra. I'll make real cranberry sauce.
Wish I had someplace like that around here.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dinner serves 6-8, 4 adults, 2 13 yr old girls, 5 yr old, whatever is left is leftovers.

Call around, you may find diners that will do the same, we have several diners that do this. But the New Jersey is the diner capital of the world. In New Jersey is where they use to manufacturer and ship diners.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Dinner serves 6-8, 4 adults, 2 13 yr old girls, 5 yr old, whatever is left is leftovers.

Call around, you may find diners that will do the same, we have several diners that do this. But the New Jersey is the diner capital of the world. In New Jersey is where they use to manufacturer and ship diners.
leftovers are the best part. You can sit back, put your feet up the next day and relax.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, you said your wife and you go out for Thanksgiving, so I assumed it was just the two of you.
The past few years it's been wife and I, this year the daughter, husband, grandkids are not going to the in-laws so we are doing takeout. Not worth buying, shopping, prepping, cooking, cleaning, for $90.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts