DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Learner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to replace the existing vapor barrier in my crawlspace (6mil plastic on sand/dirt floor). While inspecting the space I had to crawl thru small puddles of water on the existing plastic. The moisture was coming from sweating insulated flexible A/C ducting. It was a hot & humid day, and the space is unconditioned. The hoses did not feel much cooler than anything else in the crawlspace, but all of them were dripping (there are a lot of them).

Are the insulated ducts not insulated enough?

What, if anything, can or should I do to decrease the amount of water accumulating in this space? I am not considering encapsulation.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The moisture is already in the crawlspace. The cool ducts are causing it to condense out and drip off the ducts

·
Learner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The moisture is already in the crawlspace. The cool ducts are causing it to condense out and drip off the ducts
I guess my question is whether there is a feasible/reasonable way to increase the insulation around the flexible ducting so the moist air won't make contact with the cool surface & condense into a mini rain forest?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts