#1 ·
Cut seaweed wrappers in 4 pieces.
1/2 Pound Salmon
1/2 Pound Shrimp
Japanese Rice
Cut up Avocado
2 chopped scallions
Wasabi mustard
Sauce with Mayo, mixed with sriracha, honey.
soy sauce.
Side dish of coleslaw
Make it as you eat eat…put a tablespoon rice inside the center of
the seaweed wrapper, put on fish, avocado, put on wasabi, mayo sauce,
fold and dip in soy sauce.

Food Table Tableware Dishware Plate
Food Tableware Table Dishware Plate

Food Tableware Dishware Table Plate

See less See more
#2 ·
Where's the chopsticks? If you're gonna do Asian you must use the sticks. I have a sushi rolling mat and make it in this style. And I see I'm not the only one with a remote on the table.

Reactions: huesmann
#10 · (Edited)
I've eaten sushi since I was about 7 & we went to Japan. It was a cruise & there was a typhoon on the way. Memorable! It has gotten confusing at times since then, even in living in Hawaii and California.. I had a Japanese tenant and we went for sushi. It gave me a chance to ask him about the etiquette of eating sushi. He said in Japan, it really didn't matter. You could use your hand or chopsticks.

#3 ·
#4 · (Edited)
That was before my time on the forum. I can get the rice locally. Right now I have Calrose Botan rice in stock.
I like to use the Iron Chef Matsuharu Morimoto's mention of preparing rice for sushi. It's a bit involved but good. Involves rice vinegar, sugar and salt. All adding after the rice is cooked and cooled. You can find it on the internet using varying amounts of rice.

Reactions: DoomsDave
#5 ·
The Japanese restaurants also add vinegar, salt and sugar in the rice. I usually just add the salt. I’m hooked on this particular rice (Kokuho) it’s my favorite. In between I also use Goya rice, any other brand I find to be mushy and not as flavorful.

#6 ·
And another that can be interesting for it's nutlike flavor and aroma if you don't eat it all the time is Basmati rice, not TexMati but Basmati from India or Pakistan. We eat basmati exclusively, I'm not an American long grain fan, unless making risotto then arborio. Yes I've used basmati for sushi. Take a look here.

#8 ·
Looks like sushi tacos!
If you’re talking to me. That is a good way to describe it. (y)Put the seaweed in your hand and build it up with the rice and fish and avocado just like making a taco. It’s fast and fun and has all the flavor of a sushi roll as well.

Reactions: J. V.
#9 ·
Sorry this is not sushi. Might be tasty but personally I think not. Here we have maki sushi ( the rolls) and nigiri sushi ( fish with small balls of rice ). Missing in this picture is another form of sushi , sashimi. Sashimi is simply carefully thin sliced pieces of raw fish. They are my favorite.

Food Ingredient Sushi Recipe Cuisine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.