DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm currently overhauling my kitchen and I was wondering what's the best way to supply my refrigerator ice/water system with water from the under-sink RO system I plan to get? I want to plan it out now while I'm partially down to studs. I was thinking I would just run that polyurethane tubbing from under the sink over to where the fridge will be (about a 15' run behind the cabinets). Will that do the trick? If so what size tubing do I go with, or is it all the same size? Is there a way to protect/insulate it since it will be running through my range? Part of the problem is that I don't have the RO system yet. Could I make a copper run in my walls or is that overkill? I'm not even sure that would work since I imagine everything is low pressure.

Thanks in advance!

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
Most fridge lines are 1/4 inch---If you run it in the walls consider 1/4 copper and add nailing plates so you don't hit it with a screw while installing the cabinets.

Another method is to notch the bottom of the cabinets and run the line under the boxes.

I can't help with the insulation---never done that one.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I would definitely install 1/4" copper rather than any flex tubing and do what oh'mike said.

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
Nice plastic boxes with shut off valves are available---allowing you to recess the shut off behind the fridge---then add a separate line from the box to the fridge.----looks nice and is handy.

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Use the search function on this site. I did this project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts