DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello DIY community,

We purchased an old house with an attached sunroom. It's roof is constructed with aluminum panels approx. 3 feet wide that span the length of the room. We currently have leaks where the seams meet each other as well as where the panels meet the house.

Previous attempts were made to repair these leaks with calking which looks to be a very cheap and unsuccessful.

My question is will an acrylic elastomeric coating system from GAF or Henry be an appropriate measure to repair this leaky roof? I would love to hear feedback from a roofing contractor or if you've done a similar renovation.

Thank you!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts