DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tenants just vacated my house and I discovered they drilled holes in the doors of the freezer & fridge section to install latches for a padlock. Both portions of the fridge seem to work fine -- it's even clean! So, it seems the holes are cosmetic. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can use to fill these holes and make the door look more presentable? I was thinking maybe white caulking would work...

Thanks!

Ixia

·
Registered
745 Posts
You do not say what size holes they dirlled, I am going to assume for # 8 or 10 screws. you might dimple the holes in and fill them with body putty. Use appliance paint and paint the appliance.

Or get some applique decals and cover the holes.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If they are even on the door, check out the hardware section of your local building supply center for some plastic plugs of matching color. Dimple the holes in or grind the ridge down with a rotary tool and plug the holes.

If it's a reversible door, there may be some plugs in the screw holes on the top edge opposite the hinged side that would work.

Or, go with the body filler option above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!

The holes are relatively small ones so I'll try the body filler & appliance paint. I'll be headed back up there next weekend so I'll take tools & supplies with me. I appreciate your advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts