DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

submersible water pump

6814 Views 6 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  mariposa007
how much would it cost to run a 5 HP submersible water pump that is 210' in the well, & running with 18amps at 230volts for 6 hrs with 11 cents / kw charge .
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, im trying to figure out how much its going to cost to do some supplementel irragation at my hay farm in beevill tx . was thinking about one of those water wheels that irragate a football field in one path, w/ about 1/2 inch of water + -

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, i knw the 5hp motor only puts out 78 gpm . i just want to supplement irrigate 3 (three) 15 ac grids. i don't have the paper work here at wok, but if i remember its going to cost about $22 per 6hrs of use. & im thinking 3 pulls per grid, so 20x3=$60. am i figuring right ? ( ex. 16amp x 230v = 3680 / 1000 = 3.68 x 6 = $22 ? hopefully the pastures will get 1/4 inch of water. i can regulate the speed of the water wheel . i still have reservations w/ the water wheel. $180 ? im still exploring other possibilties of supplemental irrigation. in the mean time we'll prey for rain here in south texas . thanks & don't sweat the small stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.