DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a fair amount of carpet work over the years for myself, family, and friends. Mostly bedrooms and living rooms with a little seaming here and there for things like closets and rooms bigger then the carpet.

Have a family member that has a bigger living room that is 15'x26' and then a hallway off it that they would like to put carpet in. My concern is about stretching the carpet after seaming it. I plan to get one piece 12x26' and then another piece 12'x9' so I can cut it up into 4'x9' piece and seam them together and then seam the new 4'x27' piece to the 12'x26' piece to complete the room.

Any tips on stretching a big carpet that is seamed together like this? Thanks

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,488 Posts
Stretch the LR . Then stretch across the part of the hall that will attach and then seam it on.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stretch the LR . Then stretch across the part of the hall that will attach and then seam it on.
What about the living room where there will be a 26' long seam? The living room is 15x26 so it would need one piece 12x26 and then have to make the other 3x26 piece to seam together in order to make the 15x26 piece for the living room.

This is what I am picturing

carpet stretching.jpg

Just not sure the order to seam and stretch it?

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,488 Posts
Seam it into one piece and then stretch it.

Reactions: ponch37300
1 - 6 of 6 Posts