DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I have a strange flickering lights situation at my home. I have two ceiling lights on one circuit that has been flickering for some times now. Both will flickers at same time, the strange part of this is they flickers for exactly 6 seconds, stops for exactly 1 minute and then flickers again. This process repeats itself over and over again. Other lights in the same circuit not affected.
I have changed out the ceiling lights, switches (non-dimmer), tried many different types of bulbs, changed out the 15amp breaker, checked all the connections in the breaker panel and everything is tight and it still flickers the same way. Any ideas what is going on? Is it inside the house or outside? I appreciate all your advice. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
What kind of lights? If they're Florescent that could be a bad ballast. If LED it could be a bad driver. If Tungsten there's a loose connection somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the light is a ceiling fan light that was moved from a different room, the light was fine prior to moving and when moved to the current location, it flickers the same way, flickers for 6 seconds and stops for a minute and repeats. The second light is just a typical light that can use a sorts of bulbs, tried all sorts and still flickers the same way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.