DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all - Philadelphia resident here. I am wondering what the device in the attached photos is. Perhaps someone here can shed some light on what it is for?

It sits between where the wires comes in from the overheads running behind the buildings on my block, and where they drop down underground to feed the service entrance in my basement. I safely took a peek inside the rubber covering and it looks like it might be some kind of splice. The conduit enters and then there's a mess of multi colored wire strands.

Curious if anyone has seen similar before and what its purpose is, and if I should have any concerns about it.

Thanks in advance for any light you might be able to shed on this!


1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.