DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting 2 pallets for some slabs in my basement. I am going to put these down through the basement window. Could I have the pallets delivered and cover them with a tarp and haul the bags down over a few days? The temps are about 30 degrees and I would cover them with a tarp. They wouldn’t be stored outside very long, just a few days I presume.

·
Naildriver
14,883 Posts
Yes, as long as the tarps don't have holes in them and are secured far out from the edges to prevent water from getting to the bags. I often get pallet covers from Home Depot receiving department and cover pallets of material that will be in the weather.

·
Contractor/Engineer
1,955 Posts
Yes - you can do that - keep the rain off and don't puncture the bags. Hopefully you have a basement window that can be removed (or basement bulkhead (outside steps into basement)) and a long plank so you can simply slide the bags down...

Reactions: Gymschu

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes - you can do that - keep the rain off and don't puncture the bags. Hopefully you have a basement window that can be removed (or basement bulkhead (outside steps into basement)) and a long plank so you can simply slide the bags down...
Thanks for the confirmation that it is ok to do that. Yes, I have a basement window right by drive and an old coal chute slide that I can use to get them down there. Thanks again for the replies.

·
Registered
58 Posts
At 30 degrees you won't have an issue because there's very little moisture in the air however, I wouldn't go into it assuming it'll just be there overnight or a couple of days at most etc.

Take all the precautions necessary for storing the sacks for a longer durration of time because it's very common to incur delays when working with concrete.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts