DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess it depends on your needs and your comfort level with building. A pre-fab shed will travel with you to your next house more easily than a home-made one.

I had kind of an unusual space to put extra storage along my house (and on top of the wider part of my driveway), so building my own was pretty much the only way to go.

Jack, amazing! How deep is that shed? 4 feet? I'm looking to do a similarly shallow shed (I'd like to make it six feet deep, compared to the general minimum depth I've seen of 8 feet).

I'd never try to take on the cool roof you did. It looks great. But, I do want to have the front of the roof give a little overhang that creates a little workspace in front of the shed where I can set up a saw-horse.

Does anybody know of a place to browse for plans? To find plans for my very specific needs, I need a big database...

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
My wife and I are just finishing up three years of building our log home almost entirely by ourselves. We subbed the foundation, HVAC, metal roof, and that's all. So we could certainly build a storage shed (which we actually need), but we are of retirement age and the thought of doing any more construction is not all that appealing. I think we'll go Amish.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts