DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
checked to see if well pump is getting pwer it isnt.its got to be the switch or the pressure tank rt?.checked tank at valve and has very little air in it.could this be the problem i need more air in tank?by the way no pressure gauge on tank.all started night before pressure switch was clicking on and off so i turned off power to well pump.this morn tried to turn on and nothing happens.pls help me dont know much about wells.....

·
Household Handyman
2,480 Posts
Not enough info and too man variables here. Now: No electricity at the well itself? Is there electricity coming from the circuit breaker or fuse for the well? If so, is there power going into the pressure switch, usually located near the tank? Then, is there power coming from the pressure switch to the pump? IF no power coming from the pressure switch, and NO gauge, you have no way to determine the water pressure within the tank. This will be necessary. OR, if you are a decent DIY person, you may try tripping the pressure switch manually, but this is not a safe thing to do for a novice. You will have to determine where your power is coming from and how it gets to your pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts