DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Step By Step Official S/U Tutorials
Here they are, starting with #1 and going right on through.

CLICK HERE

·
just a tool guy
255 Posts
Thanks Willie, I use S/U infrequently, as I'm a pencil guy, but, hey, we have to adapt, right?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Ok Willie, I have never used sketch up before nor heard of it. I have used auto cad and soft plan in the past and find this program very easy to use. The tutorials were great and very easy to follow. I only watched 3 parts of the tutorials and I was just wondering does this program show bricks, plumbing, shingles, stud placement etc…
I thank you for providing this program/tutorial.

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Willie, I use S/U infrequently, as I'm a pencil guy, but, hey, we have to adapt, right?
You'll never go back. I used to grab a pencil all the time, now I just turn on the computer.

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Willie, I have never used sketch up before nor heard of it. I have used auto cad and soft plan in the past and find this program very easy to use. The tutorials were great and very easy to follow. I only watched 3 parts of the tutorials and I was just wondering does this program show bricks, plumbing, shingles, stud placement etc…
I thank you for providing this program/tutorial.
Yes, yes, and yes.... and much more. It will build a whole framed house and roof for you or a full staircase with the touch of only a few keys and a couple of mouse clicks.

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. Absolutely free. They have a version you can pay, I think, about $400 for, but this free one does all most anyone will ever need.... easily 95% of what the paid version does.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm a fan if sketch up. Been playing with it occasionally since it came out years ago. It's a great 3d tool that's very easy to learn. One thing I wish it can do is 2d floor plans. sketch up is not well suited for that, though it can be done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts