DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m having a disagreement with my contractor that I’m hoping you can settle. He’s building a new set of stairs off my deck for which I already poured a concrete pad. He says it’s in the wrong spot but he is taking the rise measurement straight down from the top of the deck and I took my measurement from the stair landing. It’s a full 10inch difference in height. I am a girl and not a contractor but his measurement doesn’t make sense to me. Who is taking the correct measurement here?

·
retired framer
59,866 Posts
Hello, I’m having a disagreement with my contractor that I’m hoping you can settle. He’s building a new set of stairs off my deck for which I already poured a concrete pad. He says it’s in the wrong spot but he is taking the rise measurement straight down from the top of the deck and I took my measurement from the stair landing. It’s a full 10inch difference in height. I am a girl and not a contractor but his measurement doesn’t make sense to me. Who is taking the correct measurement here?
It sounds like you are. And if you are, you need a new guy.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.