DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· retired framer
72,090 Posts
It is a newel post, it might be set into the framing below or anyone of a dozen types of hardware holding it in place.

So first look for nail holes, plugs that hide hardware or anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.