DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
retired framer
60,196 Posts
It is a landing and most everything that is sold for stairs has matching material for a floor even a small one like that. What are you putting on the treads?

·
retired framer
60,196 Posts
Does this mean I should use the hardwood flooring as the treads and risers? Instead of buying specifically made treads and risers?
I see that done when the have a landing but i think they get a thinner plywood for he risers, but I am not sure it might be the same hard wood.

The flooring guys should be along soon.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does this mean I should use the hardwood flooring as the treads and risers? Instead of buying specifically made treads and risers?
I see that done when the have a landing but i think they get a thinner plywood for he risers, but I am not sure it might be the same hard wood.

The flooring guys should be along soon.
So hardwood flooring for the treads, and plywood for risers?

Then I have to stain the risers?

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Instead of just the stairs parts, start the search with flooring materials. General flooring includes staircase parts but not vise versa. Tongue and groove can be cut on a raw material but probably not worth the time when you're looking for prefinished parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.