DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to add a pocket door to a room and I thought it would be cool if it were split in the middle and both halves opened away from each other. Not a new idea but what I was thinking is could I use a table slide equalizer as my track above the door? If it worked right when you pushed one door open the other door would open too. It would also help keeping my door centered when they were closed. I have never seen one of these slides in person so I dont know if I can mount it and hang a door off of it yet. I might get one so I can look at it and think some more.
http://www.watervillewoodcraft.com/EN/table.htm

Anyone done something like this? If it is going to be too much of a pain I will just do the normal door but this other way would be cool.

Thanks

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
I think you are going to find the weight of your pocket doors to be an issue especially if spanning a large open space with something solid---glass, hardware, etc.

You might consult an architect on this. You would not need but a few hours time for one to detail out your install and help you locate the door.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Table slides aren't engineered for this application. Use pocket door hardware.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hafele model HAWA 80/Z is the hardware set sold for just this application. Phone Hafele in NC for a quote 1-800-423-3531

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great thanks guys! I deffently dont want to reinvent the wheel but I hadent found anything like that but I guess I havent looked in the right place.

Thanks again, I will post pictures when I start it.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Great thanks guys! I deffently dont want to reinvent the wheel but I hadent found anything like that but I guess I havent looked in the right place.

Thanks again, I will post pictures when I start it.
Look at Johnson Hardware, they also make a quality pocket door kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts