DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 1 of 7 Posts

· Civil Engineer
5,832 Posts
Typically when I make furniture I glue up panels when I need to go 12 inches wide. This way I can use 3/4 inch thick stock that is typically anywhere from 4 to 6 inches wide. Course I generally work in cherry, maple or walnut, but the same principal applies to pine.

SPF is typically construction grade lumber. I don't know how you plan to finish the piece, paint, stain, varnish etc., but construction grade lumber is not going to look too good if you plan to oil, stain or varnish. You might want to go to a real lumber yard to get your wood.
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.