DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this website but if there are plans for future enhancement please consider a special section devoted to deck building. If I missed an area devoted to deck building, please accept my apology.

·
Naildriver
16,971 Posts
You can use the search feature, or just post questions in this forum. We read them all, and have several deck builders with tons of experience who can help you.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You're both right (although I suppose this thread should be moved to the suggestions topic).

Deck building is different enough from home construction, and a lot of DIYers would do one but not the other. And there are a lot of questions about deck topics on their own; I think a separate category would be useful and have enough content.

·
Registered
740 Posts
There are several websites with forums for professional deck builders and these will provide the information you need. A poorly built deck can kill people so it is not a typical DIY and hope for the best kind of project.

https://www.deckmagazine.com/
Many pro deck builders in my area are pretty clueless and self-taught and so with my own deck I did the research and design and bought the materials and hired the contractor and then managed his workers from start to finish to be sure it was done right.

·
retired framer
59,756 Posts
You're both right (although I suppose this thread should be moved to the suggestions topic).

Deck building is different enough from home construction, and a lot of DIYers would do one but not the other. And there are a lot of questions about deck topics on their own; I think a separate category would be useful and have enough content.
I agree and it would be easy for new people to find what they might be looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.