DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to run an automated air pressure test and can anyone help or recommend anything? I want it to be a cycle and open a valve for about 5 seconds and shut it off for 5 seconds, repeating this 10,000 times.

As of this moment I was thinking I would need a solenoid attached to a timer
and then attaching a counter to it and a simple home timer from home depot or something like that.

Does this make sense or is there an easier better route to go?

·
JOATMON
16,468 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I'm new and didn't see that it posted. I also can't figure out how to delete the other one.

But I'm actually not at school and I've spent hours trying to research this so thank you for heading me in the right direction. The problem I'm having mostly is I can't figure out how to make it run the 10,000 times and stop, no less and no more. Will the product you show me enable me to do this?

·
JUSTA MEMBER
17,845 Posts
When I was a student in the last century, We had to design the circuits and write the programs to do these things.

The Professor gave us the basics, of each item, and said "there are thousands of ways to do this, you now know the basics, do it your way."

So your best chance is to add a cycle counter to your timer circuit.

ED

·
JOATMON
16,468 Posts
Here is the easy way.....small PLC

About 3 ladder rungs and you have complete control. Easy to wire.

Either one of these will work. And the software is free. Personally, I'd go with the Allen Bradley. It has the front display and you can see more....and it's easier.

http://www.plccenter.com/Shop/ALLEN%20BRADLEY/1760L12AWA/NSFP?source=GoogleShopping&IgnoreRedirect=true&gclid=Cj0KEQjwx96-BRDyzY3GqcqZgcgBEiQANHd-nuJdPwMXJ0pwq8aYn76wRaZLSjEznPjnbrXc-MLizMMaApnH8P8HAQ&kwid=productads-adid^113089519769-device^c-plaid^81200761390-sku^13000104490-adType^PLA

Automation Direct Version....and a PIA to program....about par to doing assembly code.

https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...tLogic_05_(Micro_Brick_PLC)/PLC_Units/D0-05AR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts