DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Solar wiring help needed!

Tags
solar wiring
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  joed 
#1 ·
I need help bypassing the daylight sensor in these basic led string light solar panels. They come on every night even when I don't want them to, and won't come on until dark even if I need them a bit sooner. That's why I want to bypass the sensor. (I can't cover the panel or use the on/off switch because these are mounted to a bus roof.) if someone could please tell me how to do this I would be very grateful!! I numbered the wires in case that helps you explain it to me better. 2&3 are coming from the solar panel to the board; 1&4 go from the battery to the board; the clear insulation is going to the light string. Thanks!

See less See more
#5 ·
it is difficult to tell from the pic. the sensor could be acting like a switch controlling the power to the light. OR, the sensor could be generating a small current keeping the light off. if you can afford to lose one. I would try jumping a wire across the sensor where wires #2 and 3 enter the circuit board. this will be at the risk of damaging the light/sensor..... just my guess.
black tape or equiv over the sensor might work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.