DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i watch my town on FB. seems there has been another run on the toilet paper = shelves are empty.
i wish i had seen this coming, but i did not :(:mad:. though, we do have 11 roles, that should last at least a month. but saying that, 1 month from now it could be even worse.
i told my wife, if worse come to worse, get undressed, :poop:, then get in the shower and clean off.
had i know this world was going to go bonkers, when i did my bathroom reno, i would have put in a bidet.
probably can't buy one now, all gone.

·
Registered
17,719 Posts
Yes, Walmart was bare, yesterday. Someone mentioned it, recently, that it was going to happen. It may have been Rocky Mountain.

Try those Huggies wipes. i'm going to have to stop letting my crazy young boy cat destroy rolls. It's fun to watch, though, & the shreds still soak up spills.

When I leave my parked car, I give a quick survey to see if anything worth stealing is visible. For the first time I worried about toilet paper & brought it in!
I can't find window cleaner in the store. Are people staying home cleaning windows?

·
Experienced
2,906 Posts
Its funny what people cherish and it looks to be that TP is on the top of the list. So many items that we have taken for granted are now sometimes hard to find.

·
Registered
17,719 Posts
I think it started with people thinking the virus would cause diarrhea. Now they just don't want to run out because people are hoarding.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we are going shopping tomorrow. i know there will not be any to be had.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I was wondering if/when this would hit again. I have stayed fairly well-stocked (not crazy, but enough that a brief shortage like last time won't "wipe" me out.)

As I recall, last time when the hoarding hit it came on pretty quickly. I wonder what items will be hoarded this time?

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it started with people thinking the virus would cause diarrhea.

Now they just don't want to run out because people are hoarding.
could be. i think it is because, the first time around we were seeing how china was welding people into their homes, and we were locking down. can't buy TP if you can't go get it.

·
Registered
17,719 Posts
Sanitizers. I buy Isopropyl Alcohol 70% each time I shop & see it. Cleaning wipes like Clorox are gone.
Masks go quickly. Meat. Dressings, as in bandages, First Aid kits. Canned Dog food!!! Bottled water.

Walmart is giving away a Thanksgiving dinner to everyone, BTW.

·
Registered
11,187 Posts
I don't think it will be as bad as last time since many have a lot left over. Last time people were down to their last roll so panicked. Last time at the store a couple days ago I saw people with loaded carts of paper products but shelves were still reasonable. I probably should have grabbed some but will next trip.

Bud

Reactions: Startingover

·
Registered
17,719 Posts
One good thing, is I learned more about other brands of toilet paper. Cottonelle is as good as Charmin.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think it will be as bad as last time since many have a lot left over.

I probably should have grabbed some but will next trip.

Bud
could be, and i hope so. but i see those same people hording even more. that is just what they do.

hope not, but you may be to late. if you can get it, get as much as you can. i told my wife, going forward we are going to buy whatever we can. its not like it goes bad.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
At Costco, there is limit one per item per cardholder account.
That means: 1 pack of TP (30-36 rolls), 1 pack of facial tissue (12-15 boxes).
Also rationed: Alcohol, hand sanitizer, dinner napkins, wipes.
What about water? I think limit 2 (each with 42 bottles).
We went early on Monday, and every shopper had these items in their carts. My wife went again in the afternoon - and everything was gone.

·
Usually Confused
6,661 Posts
The missus doesn't report any paper product shortages up here - so far. It seems that whatever shortages/bare shelves seems to be fairly random. One week has been dish soap, the next was potatoes; both of which seem to suggest supply chain disruptions more than production problems.

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
It's been talked about here, but so far, no real problems I can see.

TP isn't vital, like say, some medicines, but when you need it and don't have it, you miss the hell out of it, as when you're caught short out in the woods and have to use leaves. Which I think explains why everyone went bananas back in March, or any time there's a hurricane a-coming.

The mad, blind panic from back in March appears to be mostly absent noq. I think it's because: (a) those who still are panicky have made it a point to stockpile things; (b) stores have gotten used to the new normal, especially grocery stores; and (c) supply lines have been reallocated, at least in part, to fit new demand patterns.

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Yes, Walmart was bare, yesterday. Someone mentioned it, recently, that it was going to happen. It may have been Rocky Mountain.

Try those Huggies wipes. i'm going to have to stop letting my crazy young boy cat destroy rolls. It's fun to watch, though, & the shreds still soak up spills.

When I leave my parked car, I give a quick survey to see if anything worth stealing is visible. For the first time I worried about toilet paper & brought it in!
I can't find window cleaner in the store. Are people staying home cleaning windows?
So what's the kitty's name?

·
Super Moderator
8,910 Posts
Kids-Dad, what do you want for Christmas?
Me-Some TP and paper towels!
Kids-How about a new truck instead!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts