DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an old 1989 Snyder General HVAC unit that we only use for AC . It is a horizontal unit in the attic. Has a Honey Well fan limit control.

Problem has been that it only runs in low speed. Is there an adjustment for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
How do you know it's running on low speed? There are many things that can cause low airflow.

Is this a new problem?

You've given zero information about the unit - no model number. Don't even know if it's an air handler or furnace.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right many things can cause low air flow. I visually inspected the fan and it is obviously turning on slow speed. I could try to manually by pass the board and try running it on the black wire to confirm that the fan is turning slow.

Model # DGHA075AD148BN
Serial # D893231057.

I said " 1989 Snyder General HVAC unit that we only use for AC" . I'm sorry I thought that would be clear. It is not just an air handler it is a furnace.

We have put up with it for years. I decided this year to look into it.

Thank You

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found something else in our paper work. I believe this is the Central Air conditioner info.

Unit model # AC036GA
Unit Serial Number H892813297

I have both numbers and I'm now confused of what the numbers go to. Will the capacitor let the motor run slow. I thought it was just for starting.

Thank You

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.