DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37,460 Posts
That will be a big problem, and well as the wiring harness will be different.
What's wrong with the old engine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not worried about the wiring, the parts manual shows the same clutch and drive pulley for both engines, the kawi pulled a rocker stud and they kept running it on one cyl and wiped the rings and overheated it I guess smokes and burn oil like mad

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
not worried about the wiring, the parts manual shows the same clutch and drive pulley for both engines, the kawi pulled a rocker stud and they kept running it on one cyl and wiped the rings and overheated it I guess smokes and burn oil like mad
If the PTO mounts at the end of the shaft that 1" might be an issue.
I would pull the heads and check the cylinder that had the problem.
I would think that a rebuild, if possible is a better and cheaper solution unless the cylinder has excessive damage and can't be honed.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
I have a snapper with the Kawasaki FX600 engine can I replace that with a B/S v twin I think they list the crank to be about 1 inch longer on the Kawi is hat a problem?

Absolutely yes.

I had no problem finding replacement engines for a 2001 Snapper rider.

Find the tag on the engine that contains the exact model number of that engine. Then search Google:

replacement engine for <model number brand name of engine>

The mid-west suppliers had the best prices. May have been Tulsa engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.