DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am looking for what the best affordable flooring options would be for an extremely shiny & smooth finish for approximately 200 square feet, rectangular shape. I do NOT want tile.

What I am thinking of at the moment is something along the lines of starting with a very smooth surface and then applying epoxy.

What affordable options are out there, conventional and alternative, besides tile?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Usually Confused
7,269 Posts
Some TV shows (game shows and such) have shiny floors. Acrylic panels perhaps. Don't know if I'd want it but it's not my RV.

·
Exterior Construction
29,273 Posts
For my RV. It would be over a plywood subfloor.

I would just get vinyl flooring. Easy to put down, effective, resilient.

Nothing you are going to put down in the range of epoxies will like the flexibility that will be experienced in that flooring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would just get vinyl flooring. Easy to put down, effective, resilient.

Nothing you are going to put down in the range of epoxies will like the flexibility that will be experienced in that flooring.
Yes, vinyl flooring is very popular for RV remodels and I agree why. Nothing beats a nice easy install with decent results.

I'm going to be living in my RV full-time once the house sells, so I am wanting to customize it to my aesthetic preferences. I've always loved super shiny reflective floors. The RV is older and I have no plans to re-sell. This gives me the perfect opportunity to experement and try to get what I want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone today mentioned to me about using PVC panels for flooring. Has anyone heard of that being done before?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts