DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Electric company came through and installed a smart meter. Now my AC does not work. Unit inside the house click on immediately when I slide the switch to cool. The fan comes on but, it blows hot air. I noticed the unit outside does not come on. Is it a coincident that this happen after the smart meter was installed or did he hook up something wrong? How can I tell without paying a service tech? Is there any I can do to check to eliminate some of the possibilities?

I am very familiar with a volt meter. The name on the unit inside the house is Westinghouse, all I can find on the outside unit is high efficiency.

I just purchase material replace the siding on my house. This is an unexpected expense that doesn’t fit in an already stressed budget.

Your help is greatly appriciated.

Thank you,

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They screwed up wiring it, or did not set it up correctly with your HVAC set up. Call them back and have them fix it, or tell them you are pulling it and putting it in the trash, and re-installing your own non-smart thermostat.
Thank you for your input. They did not install a smart thermostat. The replaced the electric meter that they read to determine how much they should charge me for the electic service. I don't have access to that box.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I will check those readings. So far the ouside A/C unit is the only thing not turning on. They didn't install a smart box near the A/C and the meter is on the opposite side of the house. I believe I have seen one of those boxes on my friends house.

Thank you all for your inputs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.