DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a walk behind lawn mower with a Tecumseh engine. It starts but then dies. I have changed the air filter and the gas. I think the next step is cleaning the carburetor. That is if I knew what a carburetor looked like. Is it the small metal box on the side between the air filter and the spark plug? The gas line seems to go into it and it has holes on the side.

·
A Little Of Everything
2,428 Posts
I have a walk behind lawn mower with a Tecumseh engine. It starts but then dies. I have changed the air filter and the gas. I think the next step is cleaning the carburetor. That is if I knew what a carburetor looked like. Is it the small metal box on the side between the air filter and the spark plug? The gas line seems to go into it and it has holes on the side.
What you're describing sounds like a cover of some sort. The carb is probably under it.

If you're this much of a novice (and I'm not saying that in a derogatory way at all) it might be a good idea to have somebody help you with this project. It's fairly simple to clean a carb, but fairly easy to screw it up.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
carburetor identification

hello DIY Member,how are you today ?
if you are not sure what a carburetor is or what it looks like,just enter it in your search engine, ie google or bing etc and then click on images or videos.
plenty of information there .
hope this helps ,have fun and don't forget to wear your safety glasses please. all that fluid and small parts can be hazardous.
cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts