DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I'm a college guy who doesn't have any extensive knowledge on breaker boxes or anything I have a question for all the experts. Tonight, the power to my bedroom in my apartment went out spontaneously. I went to reset/flip the breaker and when I tried it multiple times nothing happened. I eventually just kinda gave up/got frustrated and sat there. All other breakers were working by the way. So while I was sitting there my bedroom breaker was turned completely off and while it was turned off, the power came back on in my room. I flipped the breaker to on, all the power stayed on and I went about my business with no hiccups the rest of the night. I will say that I did just get some outdoor/indoor Christmas lights and hung them around my doors to make about seven total strands, I had three prior to this. My real question is, the lights were plugged in for about 3-5 hours before the breaker tripped, could they have slowly made my breaker trip or was this completely random? Also why did the power come back while it was turned off? (The breaker hasn't tripped once before this) Thanks guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.