DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am laying LVP in our house, on slab. We had carpet in the living room and sheet vinyl in the kitchen. I am was hoping I could just lay the LVP over the slab to sheet vinyl transition. Has anyone done this? I am trying to get out of removing the sheet vinyl in the kitchen. Looks like I may have to...

The transition is about a 1/16th inch from slab to sheet vinyl. Any ideas?

One more thing, LVP is somewhat flexible, there are a couple slight low spots in my slab. Will the LVP eventually lay down into the low spots? Would a sound barrier help?

Thanks

·
JUSTA MEMBER
19,135 Posts
I think that that foam underlayment pad would be forgiving enough in both of these questions to solve them.

It too is thin , soft an pliant enough to fill in the low, and transition over the vinyl edge with no problems.

ED

·
JUSTA MEMBER
19,135 Posts
Is it currently "free floating", that is not glued, nailed, or otherwise fastened?

If so it should be possible to CAREFULLY take it up and put some underlayment under it, this should have been done anyway if it is not fastened.

ED

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.