DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
What mixture did you use to skim coat the surface? I have experianced that before if I mixed the slump too thick. Try sanding down the mentioned areas and feather out the area. Re-skim it and see how that works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What mixture did you use to skim coat the surface? I have experianced that before if I mixed the slump too thick. Try sanding down the mentioned areas and feather out the area. Re-skim it and see how that works.
I probably had it too thick. I usually add water and mix to a consistency similar to sour cream but this time i was working in my daughter's house and didn't want to slop plaster all over the floors. Thanks for Your help.
Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
I thought that I thanked You earlier, but what I did was add another Post. Anyway, I think You are right. I usually mix the final coat to the consistency of sour cream and do not have this problem. This time I was skim coating my daughter's living room, left it a little thicker because I did not want to get slop all over her furniture, floors and walls. I'll fix after the Holidays. Thanks for Your help.
Ron

·
Registered
317 Posts
in my expierience , bubbles are more caused by having a bad surface, loose paper etc . new mud losening old mud etc . if you scraped something and tore her paper its good to killz first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!
The skim coating was done over a previously wet plastered surface.
I thought the same thing and repaired one of the spots with spackling paste.
That seems to work (better sticking stuff?).
Thanks again.
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts