DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
I don't know why I can't upload pictures anymore.
When I right click on a picture it doesn't give me the option to copy an URL anymore.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't know why I can't upload pictures anymore.
When I right click on a picture it doesn't give me the option to copy an URL anymore.
Some of the websites dont like you to link to there pictures because they lose ad revenue when you bypass there site. so they have gotten tricky by embedding the images in a way you cant just click and copy url sometimes you can click view image and then copy the url from the address bar at the top of your browser.

usually sites are much happier about people linking to the image if you include a link to there site below the image.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Thank you
I will have to look into that.
I just started doing it about a month ago.

I'm using google chrome..

Also on fire fox I used to be able to copy image and it would work.
It won't work either..

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thank you
I will have to look into that.
I just started doing it about a month ago.

I'm using google chrome..

Also on fire fox I used to be able to copy image and it would work.
It won't work either..
I am using firefox what works for me is "copy image location" then use the insert image button above where you type on this forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As a structural engineer, I would not design the fastening of the two joists as a double joist. The existing one can no longer carry any load. A double joist is designed to transfer load from either side equally between the two members. This is not the situation that you have here.

The sister should have proper bearing on each end, then the fastening to the existing is only to provide a positive connection to the sheathing above and to prevent the new joist from rolling. Three 10d nails at 16" is way more than enough. No need for bolts, or screws. Subfloor adhesive can be used to reduce chances for squeaks later. If it makes the installation easier, or if the sister won't come tight to the existing, there are many structural screws by Spax, Fasten Master, etc. available at the home center now. Others are correct that "deck screws" are not structural. They are too brittle.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts